Wednesday, June 20, 2007

No one ever told me that

I would be this tired.
I would loathe hearing aids and earmolds.
I would know so much about the inner workings of the ear.
I would know what MAPping is. (MAP doesn't stand for a thing so why the capital letters, huh?)
I would fight to the death for my child to have a "right" to hear me say I love you.
I would cry the first time Casha heard the Beatles.
A car ride could be so horribly painful as with a deaf three week old who cannot be soothed by her mommy's voice.
I would so greatly appreciate my other children having been able to talk to their grandparents on the phone.
I'd be too busy and consumed to care that I still don't have my body back.
I'd actually go three months between hair cuts, and not care.
My passion for shoes would die in an instant.
I'd pay $300 for a MAGNET!
I'd let my kid run around with said magnet attached to her head as if it were a decorative hair piece.
I'd fall so hard for "Mommy Juice".
I would fight to make a difference.
I would buy a 100 pack of AAA's and not think it were overkill.
I would forget to renew my magazine subscriptions.
I wouldn't care.
I'd lose touch with my friends.
I'd be heartbroken and gleefully ecstatic, at the same time.
I'd be writing something like this.

4 comments:

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali said...

You are the bravest and most determined parents I know. You love Casha so much, and she definately knows it! Every day is a new challange, which turns into a triumph. I love all 3 of you!

- Ali

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Ruth's friend. So happy to read of the wonderful progress. June McRoberts

Unknown said...

Awwww......you are such a awesome mother and shining star :)

Love Me Forever!! Who Couldn't?

Love Me Forever!! Who Couldn't?
Our sweet Lil' Princess Buttercup