Friday, September 4, 2009

Prima Ballerina already ;-)

I knew she'd have a good time at the dancewear store but little did I know...

We pulled up in front of the store and Casha said, "Mommy! I see tights!" Casha patiently waited to unbuckle from her seat and climb out. We walked into the store and I heard a gasp and "Oh Mommy." She was in heaven. She touched everything within her reach as we made our way through the store.

The first thing we did was size her for a leotard which was easy. At her age and class level, the appropriate style is very simple with no decoration and the size was easy as well, the smallest they had in that style.

Next we moved onto the shoes. Oh boy. When she saw the shoes covering an entire wall I thought her eyes might pop out of her head. She pointed at the shoes and said, " I want this one, and this one, and that one." If she'd had her way we would have brought home tap shoes, ballet flats and pointe. We opted to start with the flats:-D

The sales woman sized Casha for her shoes and I told her to take a look in the mirror. She walked over to the ballet bar and mirror and as soon as she saw herself she struck her best ballerina pose. I asked her if she was happy and, in her sweetest voice said, "Yes Mommy."

Of course, you know what happened as soon as we got home.






Very pleased with herself


Now for the Pretty Ballerina dance:

"Plie, releve, tendu, and passe. Turn around and touch the ground. I'm a pretty ballerina, ballerina, ballerina. I'm a pretty ballerina, I love to dance all day."

No comments:

Love Me Forever!! Who Couldn't?

Love Me Forever!! Who Couldn't?
Our sweet Lil' Princess Buttercup